Be IN Courage!

I wanted to share with you an inspirational message from my CD, 'Be IN Courage.'

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Rainbow; A Reminder of God’s Faithfulness

Be IN courage as you read more from the anointed writing of Leola!

"The year is 1990. I am sitting on a plane on my way to a memorial service for a young niece who committed suicide. She had just turned 18. Had the whole world ahead of her. Not a place that I would say that I would want to be going. Hurting and alone, but unable to express all the pent up emotions. I have to be strong for the family. I have to put on the “mask” that is expected of me. To be the “religious” girl. To bring hope and God’s love to a terrible tragedy that had come to pass. Yet, I don’t feel like I can offer words of comfort to my family. I am still struggling with the “why”?

As I look out the window, I see a rainbow. I am immediately drawn to God’s promise. The rainbow is a reminder of His faithfulness to His Word. I feel His power enveloping me and surrounding me as a warm coat on a cold, cold, wintery day. I begin to receive His peace as I remember the stories of old and how every promise in His book is true and can be claimed for today; for my deep despair. I feel the heavy burdens beginning to lift. He directs me to His Word; “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.” Isaiah 43:2 He had promised to be with me during the difficult times. During the times of despair and grief. I truly was walking through the fire and feeling like I was going under. But, His word is full of promises and hope for those who are hurting. That included me.

“Fear not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yes, I will help thee; yes, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10

I am once again drawn to the comfort that can only be received when you have Jesus as Lord and King of your life. Yes, I had pain. Yes, I was hurting. But. . . I have a God who cares about me and wants to heal my pain. In the midst of my agony he provided a rainbow; a visual reminder of his faithfulness to me. As I learn to turn my cares over to Him, I then can begin to know that He has it all covered. He will redeem this tragedy for His good. He loved me enough to give me this reminder just when I needed to see it.

It might not seem like that is going to happen for you. You are in such deep despair that you are questioning where God is in the midst of your grief. He is there. He is listening to His children when they call on Him. He so wants to heal your wounds. To set you free of fear, despair and hopelessness. Whatever your situation, He has a way of escape. A way to change your mourning into gladness. Just open His Word and allow Him to heal you. Let Him direct your fingers as they search the Word for the truth He is waiting to show to you.

So, my friend, when you see the rainbow may you be reminded that every promise in His Word is true. Every promise was spoken for you as you yield your will under the skill of our Master and Lord. "

Leola Stotts
May 7, 2010

(Copy Written. All Rights Reserved - Leola Stotts)

2 comments:

  1. This is cool. You have not lost your touch. God does use signs to remind us He is in control and has not forgotten us. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen. I just pray that someone will be blessed by these words. It is all about our relationship with Him, our Heavenly Father. He can grow us through the difficult times in our life if we are open to what is going on around and in and through us.
    Leola

    ReplyDelete