Be IN Courage!

I wanted to share with you an inspirational message from my CD, 'Be IN Courage.'

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Flower in the desert: Evidence of God's love

A precious, gifted sister has graciously shared this encouraging devotional to inspire and comfort us along our journey. Be IN courage by this anointed piece I am calling A Flower in the Desert: Evidence of God's love, as this is what it reminds me of when I read it. Let me know how it encourages you.

"Have you ever been in a desert place? A place of heat, and dryness, and lack of energy and motivation? A place where you could not find shelter, shade, water or comfort? I have been there. Seems many times over. Times when I have felt like there is no love or comfort to be found. Times when I have felt alone and forgotten by God. Because it is God that brings the comfort, the shelter, the love and companionship.

I remember camping in the Red Rock area outside of Bakersfield. It can be a beautiful place when the air cools, when the shade comes, and when I am feeling the presence of God. My family was camping one week on this desert. I was being pulled, tugged as it was, to go for a walk, alone, out in the desert. I walked a ways and was crying out to God, “Lord, why do I feel so empty and alone?” I often felt like that when I had been too busy to call on Him. Too busy to spend time in His Word. Too busy to seek His face.

As I walked alone in the barren, hot desert land, I came upon a cactus. As I approached the cactus I saw the most beautiful flower ever. It was fragrant, and vibrant in color and stood proudly amongst the green of the cactus. It was an immediate reminder of how faithful our God is to His people. He provided a gorgeous to the eye and to the nose, reminder of how he delights in answering prayers. He delights in the things that delight us. He knows how much I love flowers and gardens and His nature. I walked back to my campsite in awe of how amazing a God I serve. One who cares enough about ME, in the midst of the desert, to provide that comfort in the beauty of a flower.

“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and will dwell in your midst,” says the Lord. Zechariah 2:10

He did indeed come and dwell with me, that day, in that desert place. Let Him do the same for you. He is available. He is able. He is urging You to allow Him to be your peace."
(Copy written - all rights reserved - Leola Stotts)

Leola Stotts
May 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment