Be IN Courage!

I wanted to share with you an inspirational message from my CD, 'Be IN Courage.'

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Standing on the Promises

I pulled out my original copy of Streams in the Desert devotional by Mrs. Charles Cowman today, and I read a word that truly inspired me. I trust that it will inspire, encourage and motive you to put action in your faith, even the more and stand on the promises of God.

March 24
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Issac the Lord which saidst unto me Return unto thy county, and to thy kindred and I will deal well with thee; Deliver me, I pray thee (Gen. 32:9,11)

(message translation:)

The Message (MSG)
Genesis 32:9 -12
9-12 And then Jacob prayed, "God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, God who told me, 'Go back to your parents' homeland and I'll treat you well.' I don't deserve all the love and loyalty you've shown me. When I left here and crossed the Jordan I only had the clothes on my back, and now look at me—two camps! Save me, please, from the violence of my brother, my angry brother! I'm afraid he'll come and attack us all, me, the mothers and the children. You yourself said, 'I will treat you well; I'll make your descendants like the sands of the sea, far too many to count.'"

"There are many healthy symptoms in that prayer. In some respects it may serve as a mold into which our own spirits may pour themselves, when melted in the fiery furnace of sorrow.

He began by quoting God's promise: "Thou saidst, " ("You Yourself said"). He did so twice ( verse 9 and 12). Ah, he has got God in his power then! God puts Himself within our reach in His promises; and when we can say to Him, "Thou saidst," ("You Yourself said") He cannot say nay. He must do as He has said. If Herod was so particular for his oath's sake, what will not our God be? Be sure in prayer, to get your feel well on a promise; it will give you purchase enough to force open the gates of heaven, and to take ti by force.

From Practical Portions for the Prayer-life.

Jesus desires that we shall be definite in our requests, and that we shall ask for some special thing. "What will ye that I shall do unto you?" is the question that He asks of every one who in affliction and trail comes to Him. Make your request with definite earnestness if you would have definite answers. Aimlessness in prayer accounts for so many seemingly unanswered prayers. Be definite in your petitions. Fill out your check for something definite, and it will be cashed at the bank of heaven when presented in Jesus name. Dare to be definite with God." (end quote)

For more wisdom along this same line, check out March 23 online devotion from Sparkling Gems in the Greek, called "Refuel with Rick" - Rick Renner, the author of this anointed devotional. In this Pastor Rick shares insight on John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done for you." Click the link below to access.

http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/refuel-with-rick/20100323/

Bottom line: TRUST. ASK. BELIEVE. Prepare to RECEIVE and OBEY God's direction, to the letter, as you STAND on the promises of His unfailing Word.

Be IN courage.

In Victory,

Linda Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment