Be IN Courage!

I wanted to share with you an inspirational message from my CD, 'Be IN Courage.'

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Understanding and Implementing the Power of Prayer

I have gained a lot of wisdom from studying the teachings of Charles Capps. One of the tools I use often is his "God's Creative Power Gift Collection" which features "God's Creative Power Will Work For You"; "God's Creative Power for Healing" and  "God's Creative Power for Finances".  It is small book that contains some powerful declarations and confessions to help me regulate my "mouth with my spirit".

A brief clip from his book "Releasing the Ability of God Through Prayer" (Harrison House, ISBN number = 0-89274-075-2) inspired me this morning and I trust it will take you further into your purpose, armed with this wisdom of implementing the Power of Prayer.

"If you say, "Well, I believe in prayer, then prayer ought to work for me," in this same way you could say, "I believe in flying, therefore I ought to be able to fly." Just because you believe in flying does not mean you can get in that 747 and fly it. You might get it off the ground and you might get in trouble, to say the least!"

(Note: Speaking of trouble, have you seen the  movie "Flight" starring Denzel Washington?  Major Trouble on so many levels, would you not agree??)

"Well, what makes us think the Word of God is any different? If we are going to operate in the Word accurately, we will have to spend time learning.

It is the same with the law of electricity. If you don't understand the laws that govern electricity, you are liable to get into trouble. The same power that will wash your clothes and cook your food and heat your  house will kill you if you violate the laws that govern it. The Word of God is no less powerful. It operates on laws that will work when applied by  whosoever will.

If I got in an airplane and said, "Well, I know that the book says if you are going to climb over a 50-foot obstacle in 1200 feet, you have use 20-degree flaps, but I just don't feel like it. It looks to me like it ought to clear the hanger without flaps." It doesn't matter how I feel or how it looks, I better go by what the book says or I am going to be in trouble.
(my bold and underline italicizes)

So are our prayers in trouble when we don't use God's rulebook. When you do things accurately according to the Word of God, you have all heaven behind you and the Word will work for you." (End Quote)

As you emerge through this first month of the new year consider this:
"One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, and what you believe in, and where you want to go" - Sheila Murray Bethel.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 - New King James Version

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

And God's peace (shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace) which transcends all understanding shall garrison and  mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 Amplified Version

Be IN Courage!

Linda Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment