Be IN Courage!

I wanted to share with you an inspirational message from my CD, 'Be IN Courage.'

Friday, March 27, 2009

No Signal

"No Signal" is what displayed on the TV in my hotel room yesterday. None of the channels, except the "Welcome to the Marriott - stay in your room and enjoy movies that in now in theaters" channel.

I didn't want to watch, and although the TV, this time, was not keeping me from any work I should have been doing, I knew that I should have been headed to bed and rest my body.

I forced the issue! After acknowledging the spiritual application, (No Signal: helping me to stay focused and away from the distraction of the TV) I put the remote down, but after a few minutes I picked it back up again, wondering why I wasn't getting a signal!!!
Was it just my room because it was situated in a corner portion of the hotel, or was it the entire floor not getting a signal???

God, being gracious, not to force any issue, but allowing free choice, gave me the "greatest" desire of my heart in that moment - to solve the "no signal" mystery. With the next click of the remote the channels appeared. The signal was restored.

But I wasn't!!
After catching a small portion of the nightly news about the tornadoes in one part of the country and snow and flooding in another part; passing by informericals and an empty 30 minute sitcom which I thought would make me laugh, I realized that it, that hour I had just spent, was as if I had just eaten something with empty calories and no nutritional value.
Picking up the signal was evidence that "no signal": silence and rest, was the best thing for me and my body at that time. It was the "recommended program"of the Holy Spirit.
I surrendered my will, turned off the TV, drew the drapes closed (because it was still light outside, and relatively early) and I went to sleep. I am rested enough to receive this message and to register it within my "data bank" and to share it as encouragement herein on this new morning.
Remember: "No signal" is a "signal". Take heed; REST.
"Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith.
Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give
yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere
hearsay that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out.
Be cheerful. Keep things in good repair. Keep your spirits up.
Think in harmony. Be agreeable. Do all that, and the God of love and
peace will be with you for sure. Greet one another with a holy embrace."
2 Cor 13 (The Message)
Be In Courage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment